Saturday, November 19, 2016

Well...okay..

On Wednesday I got my wires (on the back molars) for the rubber bands removed. I got all the nubby things that helped to keep the Invisalign trays in place offf, and got a pat on the back and congrats from my Orthodontist. Then I got fitted for the retainer which I picked up Thursday. 

Well it is probably hard to see from the picture below but the retainers are so much BIGGER for me to wear, so it felt like a bit of a let down being 'done' with the Invisalign. The retainers are on the left. These retainers cover a bigger area around my teeth and are taking some getting used to.  < SIGH >  I have to wear them all the time for 6 months too and then I was told I can just wear them at night after that.  Oh well.  I'll deal with it.  Next big step is to get the crowns replaced that were the reason for invisble braces in the first place. I'm waiting until after the holidays though because one of the teeth may need root canal.  So I'm just wearing these retainers until the holidays are over and then getting the crown work done.  Then there will be new top retainers after my crown work is done. Hopefully it will all be worth it. My teeth look so much better already. They are straight and lined up so much better than pre-braces.



No comments:

Post a Comment