Monday, July 24, 2017

Monday blog

Last Wednesday we got our oldest dog's teeth cleaned.  I was hoping she wouldn't need many teeth pulled but she had a lot of dental issues (all under the gums so even though I brush her teeth, it wasn't enough). She ended up needing I think 13 teeth pulled and was very out of it when we picked her up.  She wouldn't eat or drink anything and barely lifted her head.  We were both worried that she was 'under' too long.  We had a sleepless night that night worrying about her.

Thankfully the next day she was better and now she is in pretty good shape although hubby still doesn't want to give her solid food yet.  I think we need to start mixing her dry with her wet tomorrow as it will be nearly a week since her appointment.  I'm just not sure how soon we will get her teeth cleaned again. 

Dealing with my mom in hospice, our oldest dog's teeth issues and work, I took a half day off on Friday to go visit my youngest. I haven't had a break in a long time. As it turns out my sister was also going to be out of town but I already put the time off request in so I took it anyway.  I was only an hour and a half away if need be and my hubby visited my mom when I was gone. I had a very nice relaxing weekend eating out and seeing movies on Netflix.  We're actually try to plan a girls weekend with my oldest too. That would be fantastic!

I guess I should have started my blog with this, but my mom passed away today.  I am actually relieved as she really didn't have any good quality of life any more after falling and breaking her hip last month.  I do feel bad she didn't get to enjoy the nice addition very long.  But I am hoping she will be in a better place now and will be at peace.  I'm going to end this here, just wanted to update as it has been a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment