Friday, July 7, 2017

Racoon

The other morning I was walking with a gal who walks with her dog sometimes.  We came across something on the side of the road.  It turns out to have been a baby raccoon that had some of its guts sticking out . It was on its stomach and it was scraping the street with its paws like trying to move itself.  I felt so bad and made a comment about the poor raccoon.  The lady I walked with said something like yes it was. Then proceeded to talk...'so anyway'.... The whole rest of that walk I was thinking about that raccoon.  It is interesting to me how some folks seem to care very little for animals.  I know it is not uncommon. 

When I got home I called animal control to ask them to please take care of it (at the very least put it out of its misery).  They said they'd dispatch someone.  I wasn't sure that anything was done but I had assumed there was.  This morning I looked and it was no longer there so thankfully I think they did take care of it. 

Even though it was 'just a raccoon' I hate seeing any living thing suffer especially animals.

Well it is Friday evening already - Yippee~!

I have been visiting my mom every other day at the nursing home. She wonders what she is still doing alive but it isn't her time yet. She isn't very hungry and she gets tired of trying to sit up and wait for her meals.  She only wanted ice cream this evening and I ended up tracking it down myself so she didn't have to wait any longer.  They are not very timely but I do know they have others to deal with.  I'm afraid I spoiled mom helping her right away with anything she needed or wanted when she was living with us, and before that when we went over every evening. Hubby always had her groceries for her and he was shopping several days a week to get her this and that.  I think she thinks someone should sit at her bedside and cater to her every need, but that isn't going to happen.  I'm just taking one day at a time.  Appreciate continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment