Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Hump Day Off

Today I had the day off.  It was one of the days I scheduled to use up the rest of my time off.  I started out skipping the walk this morning as it was pouring rain and only about 40 degrees outside.  It was already pouring last night when I went to bed so I knew most likely I would not be walking today, so I instead slept in past 7:30am, which for me is sleeping in.

Even though it was cold and wet all day today, I had a nice day off. We skipped going out to lunch since the weather was so yucky, but I did get a bunch of the Angel Christmas cards done. This is mostly due to hubby helping me write a lot of the inside card greetings. I have gotten 180 (out of 300 possible) done so far. 

I also made a point of playing my guitar and singing which I haven't done in a long time. Hubby and I even sang a few together. We sound pretty good I think, although I'm sure I'm biased.  So for the first time I actually sat in the 'music room' and used it for just that purpose. My fingers are a bit sore and my nails on my left hand are a bit mangled from playing but it was worth it. I need to play it more often!!

Well although most of this year has been about hubby's health issues this month seems to be my turn.  Nothing major, but I have to go back and get a core biopsy done of that area that they took a light skin biopsy of, to get the rest of it (to make sure all the margins are clear).

And two days ago I had my regular dental appointment and showed the dental hygienist an area on my gums that has been bothering me.  A spot that was reddish with a white bump that didn't go away.  My dentist was not in (I only see her every 2 appointments - once a year) , but the other dentist that shares that office with her took a look, probed around and determined I have an abscessed tooth. I thought those hurt but apparently since mine is draining,it isn't painful. So now I have to go to an Endodontist next week and most likely get root canal. Fun fun.

Well back to the Angel Christmas card project.

No comments:

Post a Comment