Sunday, February 25, 2018

Olympics ending

Watching the closing ceremony which is really spectacular...and I'm ready for the games to be over. They were pretty good, but I think I prefer the summer Olympics to the winter.  I just don't get that curling is considered a sport to be part of the Olympics. It looks to me like a sort of shuffleboard on ice. I don't know.  But glad the US won the gold regardless so that it helped the medals total for the US.   I think the finest moment to me was when Diggins won  Gold in cross country.  She came from behind and that was phenomenal.

I went to visit the youngest this weekend.  I hadn't seen her since Christmas and also needed the break.   It was a nice relaxing weekend.  We saw a movie and had dinner at Outback last night.  Today while driving home, it rained very hard a few times and I nearly pulled over because the visibility was practically nil even though I had the wipers on high.  There was about a 10 mile stretch like that and I was glad when I finally drove away from it.   By the time I was near home, it was sunny as could be out.  Weather has sure gotten strange. Hope it is not 'global warming'.

Tomorrow is Monday. Hope this is a great week ahead.  It will be March before the end of the week.  Come on SPRING! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment