Friday, November 6, 2009

Fun Friday

I went to lunch today with my mom and we met my sister to celebrate her birthday at Olive Garden. I just LOVE their bread sticks, don't you? I don't get there very often as it is not real close to home, but since we were celebrating my sister's last birthday in her 40's, it was nice to get away from my desk for once and relax. I was a little anxious when we had to wait to get seated...I didn't expect that for Lunch but since it is Friday I guess that shouldn't surprise me.

When I got in my car with mom to head back home I glanced at the clock and it was 3:15 !! I thought that was a really LONG lunch. Turns out, I just never changed the time in my car clock as I just don't think about it much and haven't really driven a lot since the time change either. Was glad to see I really hadn't taken a 3 hour lunch!

I also took Shelby back for her blood sugar test again which was still in the upper 400s. There is a different test the vet may take if the next one is still high as the vet said sometimes the blood sugar spikes when a pet is anxious about being there. And that could easily be Shelby's case. Her lips quiver she is so nervous! Next appointment is next Thursday.

Let's see what else....I have 28 Yoplait lids saved now and I think I have 4 more pink lidded yogurts in my fridge. This coming Monday is shopping day but we are getting a new small refrigerator delivered and getting our big one out, so I may just get a few things.

Our refrigerator is breaking. The icemaker doesn't work and now the water dispenser doesn't work and you can see where it has rusted underneath the finish in one spot where it is bubbled up. It is not a worthy fridge for only being a little over 4 years old. I do not recommend the Sears counter depth side by side!

We are getting a small 9.7 cu ft Top Freezer model in black. We are planning on painting the cabinets white or close to a white color and I thought it might look nice having a black fridge and it may not show the dirt as fast as a white one would. I know it isn't going to have nearly the room but we have another spare refrigerator in the garage so I will have that to use too. Since there are only two of us now (for the most part), I think it will be fine. We're just going back to no ice and water maker either and getting a water cooler and using ice trays. Back to basics...less risk of breaking down.

No comments:

Post a Comment