Friday, November 13, 2009

T G I F !

There is something about Fridays that is very relaxing. I suppose it is the harbinger of the weekend to come but most weekends I work right through, so that really doesn't affect me. I think it is just the idea that Fridays are the last official work day of the week most places and I never can get the T.G.I.F. concept out of my head. This is a good thing! It is good to have a day where the pressure of life is relaxed a bit and the coming of the weekend brings a smile to my face, no matter what I am going to be doing. Besides I often still do something relaxing during the weekend, whether it be watching a classic movie on TV, or going out to the movies or to dinner. YIKES...okay I just realized it is Friday THE 13th! So...cautiously relaxed is the theme for today.

Well I did it. I emailed my siblings about cutting out the Christmas gift exchange and to my relief two of them (well one already agreed to it last year), considered me brave for bringing it up and agreed with me. They just didn't want to be the ones to bring up the idea in case there was ill will as a result. But it went over better than I expected! I still haven't heard back from my younger sister. She is the one who had her child late in life and he is only 8. But I am still getting him something! I am glad I did this though. It is a huge weight off my shoulders. Now I don't have to think about what to get, where to get it, crowded parking lots, lines, or extra shipping if I had just decided to buy everything online. ;-)

Still getting our daughters something and my folks but that really narrows down the shopping list.

This is our second Christmas with Wood Stock being at its new location. I sure hope we get some great holiday sales. It would sure boost our spirits and the decision to move it closer to home would finally appear to have been more worthwhile. So..fingers crossed there.

I really miss having my youngest here and I know she misses us too. So glad Thanksgiving isn't far away and hoping both daughters will be home to visit!

off to start my work day...

No comments:

Post a Comment