Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Oh my....

I got an nasty email today full of the "F" word against me...even on the subject line. Why do people assume that I am the ABC Mortgage that is calling them soliciting them, when there are literally thousands of hits that come up when ABC Mortgage is googled?? Just because I may be listed on the first few pages of results, that is no reason so assume it is ME! I am not ABC Mortgage Company or Corporation for that matter...it is ABC Mortgage Consulting, period. I am just one person who is not in the business to originate mortgages, but rather to help educate borrowers. And actually honestly, I haven't done much of anything with that website in the last 4 years since I haven't had time to promote it due to working all the time. Instead of responding to someone who undoubtedly would not be easily convinced it wasn't ME that called them, I just deleted it. Besides if I emailed back, I'd probably be accused of SPAMMING them and get reported somewhere for that!

Anyway...I am not taking it personally because it is not directed to me. It is just that I wish people would not jump to conclusions and falsely accuse people about things they would never do. Heck I hate solicitous phone calls too, but let's not blame the blameless...okay maybe I am taking it a little personally.

Well the excitement of my week looks like it is going to be reporting for jury duty Friday. I hope I don't get picked, not because I don't want to perform my civic duty but more so because I don't wish to give up my income for that day. I don't get paid if I don't work which is the life of a contractor. If I didn't have to work for a living it would be interesting serving on a jury. I could pretend I'm on Law and Order or The Good Wife! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment