Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Stroll

The weekend started out with the threat of snow...yes it was possible that we may get a whole half inch and folks were out getting milk and bread and stores were running out of propane for heaters. The municipal trucks were all getting ready to treat the roads in case we were to get some snow. I had to laugh at the thought of all the commotion over a half an inch of the white stuff. Back east it wasn't worth getting excited about unless we were expecting at least 6 to 10 inches. But that's Texas for you.

Anyway my youngest was suppose to come home this weekend for the annual town Christmas Stroll festivities to be in the parade and help with the pageant promotion for next year. But in her area they were possibly getting 2 or 3 inches and we talked yesterday morning and decided she should stay put. Our snow arrived right as I was going to pick up my mom for lunch. We stayed close to home just in case it actually started to lay on the road. By the time we came back with our salads from the salad bar it had already slowed to an occasional flurry. By the time we left there was no sign of snow and the roads were still dry.

By 2:00PM the sun was coming out. So I started chatting online with my daughter to see if maybe she should come ahead. It was still snowing there and sticking some so we agreed once again that she should just stay and maybe possibly come this morning when it will have all passed.

Then after 4:00PM she called me and said it stopped and maybe she would come anyway. So she and her boyfriend headed home by 5:00PM. The weather people just don't get it right so much of the time. This storm that was suppose to be anywhere from 9:00AM - 6:00PM, only lasted around here anyway for 10 minutes!

Anyway we had a nice time in town today. The parade was long and she looked great in the parade. There was some musical performances at different times and we strolled, as the event is appropriately called, around the vendors booths and the local shops. I allowed myself to buy a few things and we had a good time.

We were invited to join my daughter's boyfriend, his mom and his other brother at our favorite restaurant for dinner. We had a great time and really enjoyed some nice conversations and a few laughs...which we always have when my comedian hubby is around.

I talked with our oldest daughter today too who took her wedding dress to get fitted by a woman who does alterations. I could hear the excitement in her voice as she told me how it was being altered and how beautiful it will look. We are all getting very excited for their wedding which now is only 3 months away.

It was really nice not working the entire day although I did work a little this morning. I need to remember to do that now and then. Take some time to enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment