Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday Nite.....

Stopping by to check in...I know I haven't blogged much lately but have been really busy with work, nothing unusual there..and when I haven't been working I have been doing the Angel card project sending out cards to those in need. I got 127 of those done and just got done my regular cards of somewhere between 30 and 40. Needless to say I am tired of writing.

I noticed so far anyway, a lot fewer cards in the mail with only 4 more mailing days until Christmas. I have only gotten 4 so far. Guess many are cutting back on everything this year including sending out Christmas cards. But I will write them as long as I can lift a pen. For some old friends our once a year catch up is the only time for getting a quick glimpse at what each other have been up to. And so for me it is tradition.

I'm excited to say our youngest has finished her first semester of college and did very well. Woo hoo! For me the first semester was the worst and hardest adjustment to get through. So she should be fine for the rest of the time since she made the transition fairly easily.

She is home now for the holidays so it will be nice having her here for a while again. We are going to bake some cookies and go see a movie or two while she's home.

I think I am pretty much ready for Christmas in terms of shopping for the most part. Will have all the wrapping to do, but I'll try to get a little done each evening so I won't face a repeat of last year...wrapping gifts late at night in our bedroom, which started out neat and tidy with ribbons and tags and ended up well let's just say not so neat using tissue paper with names scribbled across the front.

My other daughter and her fiance' will only be able to visit for a short time as he works every day but Christmas...hmm....sounds like me! :) It will be nice even if the visit is short.

Well I've yawned way too many times to keep going with this blog post tonight. Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment