Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wonderful Weekend...

Believe it or not, I did not even turn on any computer on Saturday and that is very rare for me!

My youngest sister's husband decided to throw her a big 50th birthday party and she invited our siblings to come to town with their families to attend. And everyone accepted her invitation. So I was able to see relatives I haven't seen in 4 years! It was really nice seeing everyone again.

My sister has an Autistic son and I was very impressed by him this visit. The last time I saw him, he did not want to make eye contact, and kept to himself. He is sixteen (I think) now and when my sister asked him to say hi to me, he actually hugged me and looked at me and smiled! This was a major improvement to the last time I saw him. He hugged everyone he met and was very tolerant of situations he was put in. The fact that he even was willing to get on a plane impresses me.

My nephew and niece are so grown up, well they are grown up, but it is still hard to think of them as adults. You know what I mean..we all have relatives that we just think of as always being a kid.

My folks held up okay too throughout the festivities as I'm sure it was more than my mom would have liked to handle. She likes to socialize in small doses. It was nice having everyone here on Sunday for donuts and coffee. I had a chance to show off the back balcony I am so proud of having decorated with re-purposed things mostly.

My youngest came home for the weekend which is always wonderful, with her boyfriend. The only missing relatives were my other daughter and her hubby. She just couldn't get away with her current dance practices.

I hope my sister sends me some of the pictures she took so that I have some.

It was tough getting back into the work groove on Monday but of course by mid day I was back into work mode. Still was very nice NOT working over the weekend. It has been a month since I had a weekend off.

Well, Nite..

No comments:

Post a Comment