Tuesday, December 7, 2010

GO OBAMA!! Although... my opinion...

may not be shared by everyone, I just heard President Obama speak or rather reprimand some reporters about their questions as to whether the public can believe Obama or not.  He has met so much opposition from the Republicans and even some Democrats that anyone listening could hear in his voice the frustration and angst for all that he is trying to do for this nation.

I belong to a few online groups and have heard complaints about how insurance premiums are going up. Yes, no one likes that, myself included and ours goes up every 4-5 months it seems.  However, we all need to look at the overall GOOD of things that are passed or implemented such as the Health Care Reform.  I for one am absolutely elated that pre-existing conditions MUST be covered now.  I have always hated that rule and felt it so unfair. No I do not have a pre-existing condition but I can understand how hard it is for anyone to get insurance, let alone change insurance companies that do.  I am also elated that my oldest who is 22 can STILL be covered under our policy until she is 26.  Otherwise she would not have any insurance.  So we all have to take some of the brunt of these added benefits..but it is just like taxes, it is for the benefit of our community and the nation as a whole.

I've heard folks complain about having to pay School Taxes when they have no children. Unfair as it may seem, would it be more fair for only those who have children to bear the burden of these taxes which would undoubtedly cripple some families financially?  And if so, should they pay per child, with the more children they have the higher their tax burden?  That is narrow minded and ridiculous.  After all, what are school taxes for?  To help maintain or for that matter better the school systems to help educate those who may be our community's future leaders, businessmen, doctors!  Yes folks who because of their education, may benefit the entire community.


Okay I am getting off my soapbox now because I really need to get back to work. But I just wanted to say to President Obama.  Thank You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment