Sunday, December 12, 2010

What I did this weekend...

Normally I have been working on the weekends, but there was not a lot of work this weekend so I decided to take 'off' and not work.  Yesterday took some time and decorated the living room for Christmas. We lit the little Christmas village that I have stretched across the book cases. I put a lot of decorations in front of the fire place too.  I opened the fireplace wire mesh covering to see how bad it looked as I was thinking it would be nice to put some thing lit up inside the fireplace since I think we used it all of one time in the 5 years we've lived here. It was just too blackened with use.  The previous owners must have used it a lot and I didn't know how to get the black off, so it wouldn't look very nice lighting up a dirty fireplace so we let it go.   I hung a few miniature stockings along the top part of the fireplace opening.

We decided not to bother putting up the (fake) tree this year. The way we have the living room, there really isn't room for it. I did buy a tiny evergreen tree (live) to put on a table near the floor lamp in the room though so we are going to use that as the Christmas tree this year.

As I was decorating I cleaning a little as I can't stand putting decorations on top of dust! :)  So did get the living room a little cleaner.  After that I worked on the Santa Angel project I participate in. This is at least the 2nd year I have participated.  It is a kind project run by one man who wants to spread a smile and a little joy to those lonely, sickly or unfortunate at this time of the year. The idea is to send everyone on the list a Christmas card.  I always enclose a small Christmas picture of the dogs too in each one  The list has over 250 names this year but I'll get less than 100 done.  At least that's something. I don't have a ton of money to spend on all that postage either so doing 80-90 will be fine with me.  I have 77 done so far. 

While working on cards yesterday hubby and I watched all 3 of The Santa Clause movies.  He didn't know there was more than 1.  It was nice watching some holiday themed movies.

Today I did my Sunday morning exercise, cleaned all 3 bathrooms, did 2 loads of wash, baked chocolate chip cookies, then worked on some more cards.  I'm watching a Christmas tape I made years ago as I am blogging.  I watched Miracle on 34th Street, The Grinch (cartoon one) and am watching Frosty the Snowman now. It was nice not working for once and getting a bit of a breather.  Will probably be working next weekend.  But it will be nice having the youngest home for the holidays at the end of the week so I am really looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment