Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Down Time..

Well I cannot work as the system that I use has been down since last evening...

so I did finally play my guitar and sing (recorded) 4 songs on this neat little device I bought that I can record and send songs via email that my girls can download onto their MP3 players. 

I also got a few bills taken care of and added a new dish to my other blog (without pictures though as my hub had deleted them off the camera by mistake).

We are thinking again about another sheltie and offered to foster one for the local rescue we've been involved with for years so that we could see if it was a good fit before jumping the gun. They however don't like what happened the last time. We gave up the last one because she was not a good fit (very aggressive toward 2 of our other dogs and they started avoiding her like the plague)...one staying in her kennel a lot of the time and the other just not being his normal self (always on guard) and not hanging out on the back porch like he used to because she would come snap at him. We kept her for close to two months trying to see if things would get better, but they did not and she didn't start out right off the bat being aggressive...it took her a few weeks to be comfortable in her surroundings I guess and let herself be herself. Anyway we DID foster her until there was a new home for her, and did not make anyone take her that day. We fostered her close to 2 more weeks before getting her a great home (with no other dogs which is what she needed in my opinion).

We had adopted her after only having her a few days, but felt under pressure to do so as we only had her for 2 days when we got an email that someone else wanted to look at her to possibly adopt. Had we known that we could have said we wanted to keep her a while longer to see if we wanted to adopt, I would have done that but felt instead pressured to adopt her so that we would not lose her. So we went ahead and paid the $300 adoption fee and took a chance. It is unfortunate that they cannot understand our side of the picture and the fact that we also were out that $300, which I did not complain about at all.  Will just continue my search without being involved with that group any longer. Sad for all in my opinion.  And it really bothers me alot. But I will get over it.

Well guess I will see whether I can get to work finally....



No comments:

Post a Comment