Friday, June 8, 2012

It's Friday :)

..and I stopped work today at dinnertime for once!  :-)

It was a long week and I couldn't wait to relax, sit back and blog a little. 

Guess what?!  The bird eggs that were in that nest next to my zucchini plant have hatched!  My hubby and I both noticed that the mamma (I'm assuming) has been popping in and out of the planter carrying food in her mouth, then going out for more. I still can't SEE anything through the window that is right next to it, but I don't want to disturb it too much either.  I am so excited that my watering of the zucchini has not made them abandon their nest.  I didn't water it at all today but it did get up to the 90s I think, and I will have to water it tomorrow.  I'll just be careful and water like I have been, at the opposite side of the planter.

This picture I cannot take credit for. Hubby saw this really weird bug on the screen door that had a very long, um..antenna?  leg?  I have no clue what it is..but it is a long appendage! I guess now that I look at it, there are two. 


There are some really strange bugs in Texas, that's all I can say. 

I can't believe it is June already!  We have been lucky this year so far as it hasn't hit 100 yet. Last year at this time we already had several 100 degree days.  I think I will make a point of planting some more seeds before the end of the weekend (after I find out which can grow here in the heat). 




No comments:

Post a Comment