Saturday, June 2, 2012

It doesn't get any better than this..

So I can say this week I did NOT have an empty nest!  At least for a few days..the chicks came back to the roost!  My oldest drove all the way from PA with her boyfriend and got here Memorial Day. My youngest came home the same day earlier in the afternoon.  

My oldest brought me some Yuengling Lager...and with everyone home for a few days..it was wonderful...and I had one of those "it doesn't get any better than this" moments!  It has been at least 6 years since my lips have touched the top of a Yuengling! They do not sell it here, wish they would but at least I can savor these while they last. This has been my favorite beer ever since discovered it back in PA. It is made at the oldest American Brewery...see?  since 1829!




Anyway back to the visit. I made sure the girls made an appearance at the grandparents and also their aunt's house. We had a very nice dinner at our favorite restaurant Saltgrass and I got to know my oldest's boyfriend a little bit. He was someone she has liked since high school and I have never seen her happier!  

When I was showing my youngest the balcony garden, we saw one of the birds that belong to the nest in the zucchini plant. It was in a nearby tree, complaining about us being near its nest. So we went inside and watched from the window as it came closer and eventually hopped into the planter and checked on its nest, then took off. That gave me hope that the nest is still okay and that the eggs will hatch. Its been a little over 2 weeks as best I can tell, so if they are going to hatch it should be within the next week I would think.

Everyone is back home safe and sound now, thankfully.  It was great to see them and have both kids here at the same time! That is a rare thing these days and will be a memory that I will hold close to my heart forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment