Sunday, June 10, 2012

Holding off..

I did not plant anything new today as I don't think anything will grow very well in this Texas heat.  It may get up to 100 this week too.  I may try some more green beans but I don't know. I didn't really get any from the beans I planted out back, although there are still some vines, just not getting any beans from them. I think it is getting too hot.

I really want to try to garden over the winter as I think I will have more luck. I don't think we had any hard freezes last winter, maybe a few, but I think I'll have more luck with growing things before they burn up from it being too hot.

I still have my fingers crossed that I may get a few zucchini and I do have at least one green pepper that will make it.

Hub and I saw Snow White today.  We haven't seen a movie together in a long time.  It was pretty good.  Loved the special effects.  I am really looking forward to the last Twilight movie although it will not be out until November.  They really drag these movies out don't they?!  It didn't help that there were 3 different posters at the theater, one with Bella, one with Edward and one with Jacob.

Got some work done this weekend too, so all around was a good weekend. Got to work and got to play. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment