Sunday, January 6, 2013

I did it!

Well, made it through the first week of January!  Its all downhill from here right?  :-)
Actually the week that started today will be the first full work week of January but I'll be that much more used to writing 2013 by the end of this week. Actually, I'm proud of myself that I haven't screwed up any checks...yet.

My youngest was back in PA visiting my oldest and their dad and some friends of hers. She was accompanied by her boyfriend whom I am glad went with her.  Even though she is not a 'minor' I still don't like the thought of her, well actually either of my girls flying by themselves.  She is back at college now and so I feel good knowing she is safely back. 

Seeing pictures of her and my youngest in different places, made me wish I was back there with them.  It just is so rare to ever see both girls at the same time.  Last time was in May when my oldest visited with her boyfriend, who actually now as of New Year's Day is her fiance'.  She looks very, very happy for the first time in her life and I hope that she has many years of happiness with him.

Today it actually was sunny and got up to the upper 50's so I walked the dogs for the first time since before Christmas. They all enjoyed it very much, especially my nut case Molly who really should be walked twice a day, she is that energetic.  I cut the walk with Merlin a little shorter than normal as I already did my exercise this morning as I do every Sunday, and not being used to walking quite that much, I was getting tired of walking by the time I got to him. But he at least got a decent walk in.

I just saw on the TV line up tonight that a new episode of Once Upon a Time and Revenge are on.  I'm glad for that!  I hate that during the 3 weeks of holiday time they only have re-runs or other things on.  It may not be any big deal to many, but it is really the main source of entertainment that I enjoy.  Luckily we have plenty of movies too, so we did watch a few of them. 

I can start to see, ever so slightly that it is staying light a little longer in the evening.  Yes!  The promise of longer days and warmer weather to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment