Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Waiting..

I wrote this blog while sitting in the doctor's office. My mother had to go to the foot doctor yesterday and I took a pad and pen with me since I knew I'd have idle time.  I had never been to this doctor's office before and while we were sitting there waiting for her name to be called I was admiring a wall waterfall thing that has a shiny back drop (possibly a mirror), and water streaming straight down like a waterfall that recycles itself as it is a continuous wall of water coming down. It was really tall, I'd say 8 feet or so and was mesmerizing at least to me.  I commented to my mom how neat it was!  She told me that thing was not good for old people. I look at her puzzled and asked why.  She said because it gives her the urge to go!  That was too funny for me to leave out of this blog.  LOL!   I guess it did sound like a running faucet (and a pretty loud one at that since it was pretty large and there was no other noise like doctor's office music to drown it out).

I saw a lot of people with walkers there at the foot doctor (I guess I should call it a podiatrist but I like foot doctor so that everyone knows easily what kind of doctor I'm talking about). I don't know if there is some foot ailment connection and walkers...other than rolling your foot over with one. :)  I couldn't see why there would be but there were at least 4 people including my mom using walkers.  My mom uses one to keep her steady and help her with a brittle back. Anyway enough about that. I of course was trying not to touch anything in the office and especially not touch my face (to avoid flu germs, not that it was that kind of doctor's office, but you can never be to safe).

- - -
Have had a few mornings where I could hear the birds chirping...ah...a harbinger of Spring!  I am looking forward to it.  I'm hoping some of the plants that I just left out on the balcony survive. One we had covered with a black trash bag when it was going to be below freezing, but that one looks the worst of all of them. Hubby told me that he just took that trash bag off today (well yesterday 'cause that is when I was writing this) and he knows why it looks worse than the others - no sunlight!  DUH! 

We'll see if it comes back. Right now all the leaves are dark and drooped out.  That plant was so healthy that I already had to split some of it into two more planters. And before late fall could have split those even more!  One cactus is still alive; the others got some white (fungus?) disease on them so they won't be coming back to life I don't think. I'll give them a little while to see if they show any signs of life as it gets a little warmer.

Well off to start my work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment