Friday, January 4, 2013

Dreary and Cold

I know I shouldn't complain about the winter. After all, living in central Texas it really doesn't get that cold for that long. But when it is happening it seems like a long time. For the last week and a half it has been either cloudy or cloudy with drizzle or rain and this morning sleet in some nearby areas.  The highs have been in the 40s or low 50s and again while it seems like I shouldn't complain, I am spoiled!

I would have to say most days here are sunny, even cloudless days and even in the wintertime the temperatures generally at least the low 60's.  We have the heat on 24/7 and my skin is itching it is getting so dry.  After I moisturize my face in the morning and come into the office to work, I can almost feel the heater zapping any moisture out of my face!  I'm getting dry patches on my back too...those itchy spots that are hard to reach. 

I am also determined to stay on course with my exercise routine. Although I've been doing my exercising as always 3 days/wk, I had added in taking a mile and a half walk every other day I don't 'exercise'.  That was until about 2 weeks ago when all this started.  Sure makes it harder to get motivated to get out there!  I did walk on Wednesday with hubby, who is trying to lose weight and is taking 3 walks a day.  It was very cold though and my cheeks took a while to thaw out!  Today is walk day again and it may be 39 degrees out and drizzly/cloudy when it is time to walk. 

I know I  don't have it so bad though. Got an email from my brother from NY the other day and it took him 5 hours to get home from work in the ice/snow!  I don't miss those times at all!

So, I will get through this.  All I need to do is think about my brother or my life back east when we had lots of snow and ice to shovel and drive through and many nights well below freezing.  Then by remembering, I can smile and know that it won't be long until I get my warm Texas days again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment