Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ever wonder?...

Last night we saw a movie that had Matt Damon in it.  We liked him so much in the Bourne trilogy that I suggested we watch it. It was called The Adjustment Bureau.  While my hubby I think dozed off at times, I was intrigued with the theme behind the movie.

Matt Damon found the love of his life, and not by chance, several times and was determined to be with her despite the Chairman's plan.  In this movie the Chairman was another name for God (at least that was my interpretation of it).  The men with hats (his angels?) were there to set Matt's character back on course as to what his path or destiny in life was, that of the future president (without the woman he could never forget). In the end he and his love decided they were going to stay together no matter what. 

The character that Matt played accidentally saw the men reprogramming his friend's brain, so that he was 'back on track'.  While a bit far fetched, it did get me to wondering if we all are in the life we were meant to be in, our 'destiny'?  Am I really suppose to be a mortgage underwriter, living where I live, married to this man, etc?  They always say that we all make our own choices in life and where were are and what we are doing is a result of choices.  Is it really?  Or is it our destiny?   Do some of us live our destiny?  Is there even such a thing as destiny?

I can't help but think of my oldest daughter. Although she started on one path in life, which I thought she was content with, she changed her entire course, moved back east, and is now engaged to a man that she very well may have been destined to be with.  Did she really know at the tender age of 13 when she met him for the first time, that he was the 'one'.  She is marrying a man she's known since high school. She quite possibly has been in love with this man for close to 12 years, no matter how much she suppressed her feelings or let common sense and a move half way across the country prevail.  How wonderful if she is truly marrying her soul mate, her destiny.  Although I'm not thrilled at the distance between us, I am proud of her for the bold move and whether she is following her destiny, or her heart, I know she is happier than she's ever been in her life.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment