Saturday, July 13, 2013

Southernbellegourmet.com sort of Saturday

This morning I got up about regular time so that I could get the dogs walked before it got too terribly hot today.  But by the time I was coming up the hill with Merlin and Molly I was sweating like a pig.  Do pigs even sweat?  Anyway it was pretty humid out so it didn't matter that we set out for our walk by 8:15AM.  Hubby helped we walk the last 3 around the block, which is a much shorter walk than the one I take the other two for.

When all the walking was done I turned on the air conditioner.  We usually don't turn it on until later afternoon but I was so hot, and hubby of course didn't mind.  He wouldn't mind it if we had the air on from April to November 24/7!  I usually do not mind the heat like he does.

So anyway...did some cleaning this morning and watched a movie (one hub had gotten at a garage day).  I just got a big order of Gourmet Cupboard (the company I am a rep for) and hubby wanted to see what treats I could make today.   So I went to see what I had available to make a few things.  Started out making the 5 Minute Microwave Chocolate Fudge. That is so easy to make and hubby just loves it!

Then I made some Heavenly Chocolate Pie, topped with meringue.  This is the first time I made meringue.  It turned out great!  Here's a picture of it.  We both just had some about an hour ago with coffee for dessert. Yummy!

 
Then for dinner I made Shrimp Etoufee.  This is one of our favorite meals.  I bought a bunch of veggies from the farmers market and had some stir fry veggies with it for dinner.  Although I was in the kitchen a lot today it was fun and delicious!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment