Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday AND the day off. YES!

I am very fortunate to work for a company that was closing yesterday for a 4 day weekend!  Woo hoo!

I was chatting with my oldest last evening on Facebook...I really miss her!!  I told her about my garden and a few what I consider miracle things happening.  So I thought I'd take some pictures and post them since, yes I have the day off!  It will be hard keeping track of the days as yesterday seemed so much like a Saturday that I forgot to exercise (so I did it today). And today now seems like a Saturday but it is only Friday.  I'll be reminded when we order pizza tonight though. We have a tradition that Friday night is pizza night. It has been that way for years and well we just like our pizza!

So the neat things about my balcony garden.  The one container that has the failing zucchini (there are still a few small zucchini plants hanging in there but no actual zucchinis yet), actually has a pole bean plant!  It has grown quite a bit and has grown up through the wire fencing. I have not planted any beans this year yet so it is left over from last year. Cool! Maybe I'll get a few green beans!


Next, I have a flower coming up among the other flowers I planted. I looked it up and it is called a Celosia.  It is the feathery flower in the center of the next photo.  I haven't planted any of these flowers in 2 years!  Amazing to me that the seed survived 2 years?  Well maybe just one as I think one of these popped up last year as well in the same pot with different flowers.


And I'm quite proud that I have my first jalapeno pepper. It is only about an inch long, but hopefully will grow to full size.  This is the first year I have tried these type of peppers. I don't particularly care for them but hubby loves them.

And here are a few more peppers that I pulled and a cherry tomato (that had fallen off). There are more tomatoes but I'll wait until I'm going over to my folks to pick any more as I give them to my dad. I don't care for them, although I did use one in my vegetable stir fry the other day. The peppers are starting to get a little mold at the bottom (as a few others have) so I picked them but they are suppose to be yellow peppers!  So I'll wait a few days and see if they'll start to turn. If not I'll just use them anyway.  I'm afraid just leaving them on the plant will make them mold faster.
Well off to get an English muffin for breakfast and see what else I want to do with my day off!


No comments:

Post a Comment