Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Neat photo

Before I forget, hubby took this picture a while ago.  It looks like he's squeezing the sun with the tips of his fingers! Too funny!  That was some clever photography.


Well I am still waiting for some honeydew or melons to appear on the vines...doesn't look like it is going to happen and the vines are starting to die. Probably because it is getting to be 100 degrees or close to it these hot summer days.  I still have some tomatoes and peppers.  I am actually determined and looking forward to growing some vegetables this fall.  It will surely be a better crop without the sweltering weather.

Yesterday I got hubby to knock down a wasp nest that was up in the ceiling of the front balcony in the corner as it was getting bigger and bigger and I was getting concerned that one of those nasty creatures was going to decide I was getting too close and sting me.  He managed to knock it down and dash into the house without getting stung.  We noticed the wasps kept flying back to the spot where it was and walking around the area back and forth.  It was like they didn't know what hit it and were wondering where the heck their nest went.  Too funny.  Today I looked at that same spot and noticed they are really determined and dedicated wasps!  They are building a new nest, already!  Wow.  Hubby said he'll knock it down again when it is a little bigger.  Ugh. I'd love to just spray the heck out of them, but I really don't want any pesticides all over my home grown vegetables that I grow at home specifically so they don't get exposed to any chemicals.  So we'll keep dealing with them the old fashioned way.

Hard to believe tomorrow is the last day of July already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment