Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Catch up time

The dogs are much better now.  Merlin was better by the later part of Sunday afternoon. Kaci was better by Monday.  I tried to get a pill in Kaci's mouth on Sunday even hiding it in a piece of cheese, etc., only to have her spit it out.  I even open her mouth, put the pill as far back as I could in her mouth and help her mouth shut and stroked her neck and she still managed to spit it out.  So Sunday I gave up. She was at least drinking water so that was good. But as I said by Monday she was better.  Now they are both back to normal and eating nicely.  So that is good.  Still don't know exactly what it was but glad it is over.  I'm glad we still have some of the meds too so if it ever happens again we can use them.

Sunday we saw San Andreas with 'the Rock'.  It was really riveting and had me on the edge of my seat almost the entire movie. I'm not going to lie there were more than a few scenes that were unbelievable but as long as you went with the flow of the movie it was really good!!  

I got some work in this weekend too, to the point where I was caught up by Sunday night. So Monday I did not work late.  Of course Tuesday (yesterday) was a bear as the work was loaded up.  But hey, job security right?  Today I took a half day off.  It is the first vacation time I took off this year so far!  It was weird clocking off at noon, but I got over that quickly as hubby and I were on our way to Longhorn steakhouse for a leisurely lunch.  I got the Parmesan crusted chicken (thanks Stacey!! it was great) and we both got appetizers too so there is plenty of leftovers for another meal.

Right now we are enjoying Margaritas which I would be drinking out on the balcony if it wasn't 92 degrees out in the shade.  :)
Looking forward to a relaxing evening before back to work tomorrow.  Oh I didn't mention I got up early again and took my walk and got back early enough to walk Merlin about half of the normal walk as well.  So definitely got a good walking workout today. So I don't have to feel guilty about all this food and drink I'm indulging in right ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment