Saturday, June 6, 2015

Surprise Saturday..

Well not really. No surprise that the dining room was full of areas of diarrhea from Merlin but rather the tile than on rug.  It was pretty bad although I only saw a little of it as hubby cleaned much of it up before I came downstairs.  What woke me up was Kaci who had worked her way upstairs and her heaving near the bed got me up.  She didn't get real sick but that was enough for me to call the vet when they opened.  Luckily they had an opening for us so we took both of them.  Merlin had lost 3 lbs (but that was since he was there which was a while ago).

She gave them each a shot to help hydrate them and then gave us meds for both of them to help diarrhea and an antibiotic and I was just so grateful we could get them both in. They were both really really lethargic.  She  couldn't really say exactly what it was, although likely something they were each spreading to each other. The plan was more to treat the symptoms.

Merlin actually ate some eggs tonight, not the whole thing but at least 4-5 bites.  I got him to eat one of the pills they gave us too (wrapped in cheese). Kaci is still not very responsive, so I had to put her pill way back in her throat to get it in her.She spit it out the first 3 times.  Luckily neither one has gotten sick nor had diarrhea since we got back from their appointment around noon.  Hopefully tomorrow they'll both be much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment