Friday, June 19, 2015

Update on Dad

Wanted to let family who read this blog know that dad got through his operation okay yesterday.  They removed the bladder stones and are hoping that will help him to go on his own.  He goes back on the 29th when they will remove the catheter and then hopefully he will go on his own. Unfortunately his prostate is very enlarged too so they are hoping with meds that will resolve itself.  If he still cannot go on his own they may have to remove his prostrate.  Hopefully the stone removal will be enough. My hubby got up and left the house at 5:30AM to take him, waited until he was done in recovery and brought him home. Unfortunately my dad got sick on the way home, from the Anesthesia, but I went over and met hubby at my folks house and helped Steve with the clean up.It mostly was on dad's clothes, the car wasn't that bad. They released him too soon in my opinion but I guess they want to empty the beds so that they can be used again.  Oh well. That is the VA hospital but that is who my dad wants to have treat him so that's that.

I'm pretty sure my sister stayed overnight with them which was nice.  I'm not positive but that was the plan.  Her hubby and son were away at scout camp this week anyway so she's probably pretty lonely.

I am working this weekend mostly because I am off on Monday and left a lot of work tonight.  I don't have any real plans for Monday other than to RELAX.  Will have to think about what I want to do.

I think getting up at 6:30AM, walking and then walking one of the dogs part way is a bit much.  I was really dragging today.  I try to walk in the early morning so that I don't need to slather sun tan lotion on nor walk when it is really hot at the end of the day.  I walk probably close to 2 1/2 miles when I walk a dog afterward, so I don't know if that is it or just not enough sleep at night.  I still catch a few minutes of Jimmy Fallon every night.  Will see if my stamina improves any.  I may have to skip walking one of the dogs after my walk.  I used to take a dog with me on my walk but they stop every two seconds and I cannot get any kind of power walk in if I'm stopping every other mailbox. :)

Well Off to make a Kahlua and cream (er milk...we're out of cream) and watch TV.






No comments:

Post a Comment