Monday, November 2, 2015

Nice weekend

Saturday the weather was nice enough and dry enough to visit the youngest thankfully.  I saw a few areas where I could see a flood line but nothing was flooded any longer than I could see. That metal awning at her apartment complex looked even worse (huge mangled mess) in person.  My youngest said she, her boyfriend and dog had to take cover in the bathroom as they got a warning (on her phone).  She could hear the wind sounding like a train so that tornado was very close.  I'm not so sure it didn't hit that awning too the way it was so mangled.

Anyway we went to see the Martian with Matt Damon.  It was pretty exciting actually.  The only disappointment for me was I did not eat any popcorn. It wasn't that I couldn't but I would have had to take my Invisalign (braces) out.  Plus we had just eaten a nice Thai late lunch so I wasn't that hungry but it was tough not eating some.  Next time I think I'll get some anyway.  What's the movies without popcorn?

We had a nice dinner at Carino's (Italian) and visited a bit longer at the hotel.  It was a nice hotel but the towels were very rough.  It was really nice hanging out with her but next time I hope to be able to go for the whole weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment