Friday, October 30, 2015

Drat!

Today I had the day off.  It was pouring rain ever since the wee hours of the morning.  As I'm driving down the highway in torrential rains going no faster than 55 mph because that is the speed I felt like I still had some control over, I hear that there was a tornado touch down in San Marcos!  That is where one of my daughters is so I was hoping she was okay.  I was on my way to get that stupid blood test for the wellness credit at work.  I made it down there okay and got it done.  The drive back home wasn't quite as congested so that wasn't too bad.

The plan was for me to have today off to head down to see my youngest for the weekend.  But when I got home hubby had the news on with all the flooding and rain going on in the Austin area. San Marcos had already gotten close to 9 inches by then!  Long story short I decided not to go down today.  I hope to go tomorrow morning but will have to see as we may get even more rain tonight.  Ugh!  They actually closed down the main highway in San Marcos both ways by early after noon. That is how bad it was.

Here is a picture that my youngest sent me to show some of the damage that was done. 
 Good thing I didn't bother trying to go as I would have had to turn around before I even got there.



No comments:

Post a Comment