Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Acupuncture

Okay.  I am convinced it works!  Yes I have only had one 'treatment' today but I could see an improvement immediately. I am coughing a little now but when I got back from my appointment I could breath as if I had taken an allergy pill.  For real!!   Then when I took my walk early this evening (instead of in the dark this morning), I had very little difficulty with allergies.  Yes!!!  The whole treatment is going to be 6 weeks and then he'll test me after a month (after that).  I go twice a week, so that is easy enough!  No pills, shots, nasal sprays...

I am to save a little bit of each meal I eat a day before my next appointment so that he can make a sampling of each 'meal' to make sure I am not allergic to anything I eat on a normal basis.  That will be interesting to find out.  He did tell me to avoid citrus and avocados for now as I show an allergic reaction to those as well as a few things I already knew about like tomatoes and ragweed.  Great.  I always get oranges in the organic fruit I buy and squeeze out enough for some fresh orange juice most mornings.  But I will do what he says and see how I feel. If the treatments work I will be able to indulge in those things just not every singe day. Optimal is 2-3 times a week maximum.  Oh he did test me for animal 'dander' and I am not allergic. That was terrific news as I always wondered if I am allergic to the dogs, since when I was a kid the doctor told my mom to never get a long haired dog or one that shed, which is why we had a poodle when I was young.  So I can have as many shelties, papillons, or whatever we want.  No we're not planning to get any more any time soon.

It was not a real long session.  I would say the actual acupuncture was less than 5-10 minutes but it was effective and actually also relieved a lot of tension that I must have had in my shoulders, etc,.  I actually felt so relaxed when I got back to work that I was getting sleepy.  So it was almost like getting a nice deep massage to boot, so that was fine with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment