Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Optimistic!

I got my Invisalign braces put on a few hours ago.  When I got there I had to read and sign a release which I don't know why wasn't provided before I even signed up!  It had all the 'possible problems' with them. Nothing like risk of heart attack or stroke but more things like may have crowns that get loose that may need to be re-attached or replaced, pockets in between teeth that weren't there before or may develop gingivitis. Lovely!  I went ahead and signed it. 

They had to put little nubs on some teeth that help hold the trays (that's what they call these Invisalign things) in place.  I was told when I got the phone call about it that they had to put 6 on, well I think she meant to say 6 on the top and 6 on the bottom.  The gal put something over my salivary glands to keep the liquid level in my mouth lower. Then put something in to keep my lips open and expose my teeth better.  She mentioned putting a third contraption in to keep my tongue out of the way but I think she saw the panic in my eyes and I also told her I have bad allergies, so she refrained from using that.  I was seconds away from a full blown panic attack. For real!

Anyway she got the nubbies on my teeth, and fitted my first tray of braces on.  My mouth was sore by this point. Another gal went over how to use them and showed me some areas where they have a spot for rubber bands.  Rubber bands?  Been there, done that, 40 something years ago. Yes I will probably need to use rubber bands at some point with them.  I was never told that. 

Eating lunch was a chore and I kept biting my cheeks and lips.  See even though I have the braces out to eat, because of all the nubbies I can't just chew and clench down as I used to.  My teeth don't meet like they should as some hit these nebbies.  So I kept missing my  teeth and kept biting everything but; cheek, tongue, lip.Ouch!

So through it all I am remaining optimistic for the outcome. Perfect teeth again and new crown in the front that better match my other front tooth or I will be raising some hell for going through all this crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment