Thursday, October 29, 2015

Crap!

So last night I didn't eat anything after 8PM or so because I had an appointment today to get blood drawn for testing so that I can get a wellness credit on my medical insurance costs at work. So I fasted 15hours.  My appointment was not until 11AM so you can imagine how hungry I was getting. My stomach finally stopped growling a little after 10AM.

I had printed out the appointment confirmation and went into the office and handed her my sheet of paper.  She asked if I had the voucher.  What VOUCHER?  The one with my information on it and what tests it was for etc.  I said I didn't have anything else.  She folded it up and threw it out and said that I needed to get the voucher.  This is one time it would have been advantageous to have an iphone because I would have looked up the website that offers that wellness credit, gotten what I needed and shown it to her.  I was not a happy camper. She wasn't apologetic at all.  I guess they are used to people not having all their paperwork and are extremely unsympathetic.  I asked for my confirmation back (from her trash can) as that was the only record I HAD.  She did say they take walk ins.  So I decided to try again tomorrow morning.

To ease my temper I treated myself to a Sonic Canilla Java chiller and some cinnasnacks!  :-)
So that was nice. I contacted my employer and got an email with the Requisition number.  That is what I needed the requisition number.  You'd think the lab could have just looked it up by my name or something. So will give it a shot tomorrow.  If I still don't have what they need, screw the wellness credit.

I was interested in finding out what my current blood levels are too which is another reason I was going to do it, since I rarely go to the doctors. So tomorrow will be another adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment