Sunday, October 18, 2015

Surprise!

I'm not waiting until the end of the day to blog. Isn't that a nice surprise? 
I haven't blogged in a few days but honestly by the time I remember I am shutting it down for the night so I don't bother.

Today I am done work early (light work weekend), and just got my shower which helped warm me up as it actually got down into the 50's last night and with the door open this morning it is actually chilly.  I cleaned last week so I'm not cleaning today even if it could use it. :0)

So my time right now is my own.  I may see what is on the SciFi channel or pop in a movie that I haven't seen in a while.  Just not sure yet.

Last month I sent the county appraiser's office a copy of my dad's death certificate and a form they sent to my mom as to ownership of the property.  Not only did I do that but I included a cover letter explaining that my mother still resides in the property (in fact included a copy of the will to prove ownership went to her).  That should have been the end of what they needed.  Much to my surprise, Friday night my mom produces a letter she got from the county appraiser's office which was a survey asking some questions about the new ownership and they need to re-appraise the house come January.  WTF?!   Why can't people read and follow proper procedures.  They even had her name down as one of the previous owners and also now her name as new owner.  I am calling them first thing Monday morning because their taxes are homesteaded (cannot go up) and last thing she needs is a new assessment, along with higher taxes that she would have to fight (or me for her). So I need to nip this mistake!!  We weren't going to do anything about the property with my dad dying but since the county required paperwork, I reluctantly sent it.  Now they think mom purchased her house! Unreal!!

I chatted briefly with daughter #1 yesterday and she has been waiting since April, yes April to hear about a short sale offer they put in for their first house.  She said they are to get a letter within a week indicating whether accepted/countered/or rejected.  I told her I think if it is rejected I'll hear her scream from 1600+ miles away.  I sure hope it is accepted!

My screen has gone black like 5 times as I'm writing this so I'm going to end this here. New desktop (well refurbed) has been ordered. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment