Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Thinking about computers..

Mostly because my Desktop that I use has had the screen go black more than a few times. But it wasn't the dreaded BLACK screen that means everything crashed.  It is just that my monitor goes black. I've discovered that I can turn the monitor off and on and then it is fine again for a while.  Today it was fine all day until close to dinner time.  Then we black three times in a row. I was thinking that was it, it was dead but now it has been fine again for close to 5 hours.  So who knows. I've checked the connections and everything there is tight.

I do know when it went black the very first first time I rebooted it because i thought it was 'dead'. When it came back on I was thrilled and did the disk defrag and disk clean up (there was over 8Million bits of data in the Recycle bin). Anyway, that helped, well at least I like to think it did.

I'm not sure if I should just bite the bullet and get a new desktop but I have no clue about Windows 10 and whether it is compatible with my work's system.  Thinking possibly going with refurbished. Choxi has some with Windows 7 that are only around $300. Will be something to think about possibly sooner than later.

We at least have the back up one upstairs should this one totally crash while I am working. I have used this one for I would guess about 5 years and have worked it very hard!  LOL  :)

Going to go get ready to hit the sack and watch some Jimmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment