Friday, October 2, 2015

Sad day..

I didn't write yesterday because I just wasn't in the mood. I called the vet's office to see when I could do the horrible deed of bringing our sweet Kaci to her demise.  It was the right decision I know but it was tough. It always is. This is not the first or even second dog that we've had to make this decision for. At first the receptionist said that the earliest appointment was at 4:00PM.  I took it but was sad that this event would be looming over my head all day.  A few minutes later she called back and said the vet can get me in at 9:00AM (she was getting me in even though she was booked.)  I was relieved about that.

It was tough but I got through it.  It is so hard to watch dogs take their last breath.  It is like you are waiting for them to look up at you and lick their lips.  But she is in heaven with my Dad, I am pretty sure.  It was really hard getting back to work and I have to admit I was crying off and on and distracted.  I should have just taken the rest of the day off, but I got through it.

Even though we still have 4 dogs there is a void without her here. I almost filled her food bowl last night and I missed the way she spun in a circle until she got her food although she hadn't done any spinning in about a week. And last night I kept gently turning over in bed as she always slept between my legs and had to remind myself that she wasn't there.

Today was a little better.  As with all things, time will help. 


No comments:

Post a Comment