Thursday, August 8, 2019

Post #181...2019

Well it happened.  The one A/C system that was working in the house started blowing room temperature air by late afternoon yesterday.  That was it.  And the highs have been over 100 degrees this week!  So thankfully a neighbor had recommend a company we had not tried yet (yes we've tried at least 4 I think since moving here) and I called them last night mainly to leave a message.  I actually reached an answering service and they said someone would call me within 20 minutes.  And sure enough someone called back within a half hour.  He was even perfectly willing to come last night for an extra emergency charge of $95 (which to me is not bad at all).  But I told him we could wait until today when he said he could come this morning.   This company is made up of veterans (who have served in the military) which I am impressed with.

Anyway he came before 9:00AM and got our A/C in the living room fixed fairly quickly.  A switch to a fan had broken (or something like that).  Then he checked out our a/c upstairs that quite honestly never worked right for very long ever since we got the new system over 4 years ago now (maybe 5).  He said the problem is the compressor, well the last guy replaced that twice already.  This man did say that the brand we have are notorious for bad compressors....and it is not cheap to replace.  So we are strongly considering just getting a new system instead of going through yet another costly repair only to possibly need a new one next year.

Then I got a pleasant surprise when hubby told me that they also work on Mitsubishi units which is in the office. That one has the leak somewhere that has messed up part of the flooring in there (and I haven't been using that for over a week). The worker from the A/C company spent all morning here already, so he is coming back tomorrow morning to work on that A/C unit.    It would be so wonderful if within a week we could have all the A/C systems in this house functioning and cooling (not sure how long will take to get the new system which we still have to discuss with them for the 2nd floor).

I am so glad our neighbor recommended this company to us, because so far we are both impressed (and it takes a lot to impress my hubby).

And tomorrow the painters are suppose to start painting the trim.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment