Friday, August 30, 2019

Post #189...2019

It is Friday night and a holiday weekend!  Woo hoo!  Here is what I decided to do although I'm sure I could have work the entire weekend if I want to, I am not.  I am working tomorrow but that is all. My youngest and her hubby are coming up on Sunday.  We haven't seen them since Father's Day so it has been a bit.   So I took Sunday off and Monday I decided to actually honor the meaning behind the whole Labor Day holiday and not work that day either.  It will be nice having a 2 day non-working weekend for once.

I am concerned for all the folks in Florida with this upcoming Hurricane Dorian.  I sure hope it doesn't cause too much devastation.  I have some friends down there and pray they'll all be safe.

It is still hitting 100 degrees or close to it these days though with all of our air conditioning systems working, it isn't really noticeable to me until I look outside at the brown grass.  It really does make a difference having a nice cool house!  No more going upstairs and getting hit with a wave of heat and humidity.

It will hopefully start to cool down a bit soon, as September is around the corner. Some rain would be nice too.  It definitely is getting dark earlier and earlier as a flashlight is needed for about half the walk now.  Oh well. Time marches on.

No comments:

Post a Comment