Saturday, September 7, 2019

Post #192 ..2019

Saturday is nearly over already?  And this was the 40 something day this year that it has reached 100 degrees or more day here.  I can't stop saying how much I love that we have air conditioning again!

I got up before the sunrise today at 6:30am to get a jump start on work as today was my ladies club lunch and I was definitely not going to miss that.  There were only 4 of us there but it was a nice time as always.  I am so impressed that these ladies have continued to meet once or twice a month for nearly a year and a half now.

It is hard to believe it is September already, because the days seem to just blend into one another and since it is still getting up to or over 100 degrees out it isn't like we are getting any fall feelings in the air yet.

While we are waiting for the fall line up of new television shows to start, hubby and I have been watching movies or series on Netflix.  We decided to give Mad Men a try as neither one of us has ever seen it.  I really like it but it is so odd seeing everyone smoke and drink nearly all the time! LOL.  It is really neat how everything is set in the '60s and the outfits, cars, hats, etc., are all true to the time period. I find myself looking for slip ups but haven't caught any yet.

I am looking forward to having a day off next week.  I have to start using up my accumulated time off and so will be taking days here and there.  I am taking 3 off in September and I think 5 or 6 in October, then 3 in November and then that leaves me a few to take off in December.  I did take a few Fridays off so that I can have some long weekends.

This year sure feels like it is flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment