Sunday, September 22, 2019

Post #196....2019

Well it is Sunday night and I don't have to work tomorrow.  Woo hoo!

Friday I had off and let me think about what I did.  I know I read some of the book I am reading with my daughter. I did sing some on that singsnap website too, not a ton though.  I think I sang 3 songs.  I wasn't in that much of a mood to sing but I wanted to sing since I actually had some time to do so.  :)

Hubby and I went shopping a little too.  We went to a little boutique that has some antiques, some reproductions (that are to look antique) and also women's clothing and hats and a few other things that I don't recall.  But we really enjoyed looking around in there.  I did get a camisole and denim button down shirt (which they had on a display that looked cute). Hubby got an antique army foot locker. I think that is what they call them. I'm not sure if he is going to keep it or sell it but I don't mind either way.  It was a fun time simply because we could just take our time and look around really well without anywhere we really had to go.  Then Friday dinner was pizza and beer. Yum!

Yesterday (Saturday) I worked but I don't mind working on the weekends as there is no emails and things that have to be responded too. I get more done on the weekends than on a work day.  Oh now I remember, we watched some episodes of Mad Men on Friday too and also yesterday.  I stopped working long enough to enjoy a nice lunch with my empty nester's group.  There were 8 of us that showed up and it was a great time.  We are comfortable enough now that we can have small conversations among ourselves without someone having the attention of the whole group to talk. It is more like taking turns when it is like that so I'm glad we are all feeling close enough to chat with just one or two around us.

Today I worked as well but it was a good day.  I got done at a decent time and have been relaxing with hubby watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment