Saturday, March 26, 2011

Beautiful Day!!

It was a gorgeous day outside. The wind has finally stopped blowing. It seemed to have been blowing for weeks! My youngest is here this weekend. What a great couple of weekends. First my oldest last week for several days and a great visit, and now the youngest is here. It is so nice when the kids are here..we can take walks...chat...reconnect..and just spend quality time together! I'm so happy to have great kids!

Today I used the hand trowel and tilled the soil in one of the planters on the front balcony to put some seeds in that I had left over from last year.  Hopefully some vegetables will come up. I may do more of them tomorrow as I have other seeds to try too. Today I planted Kale seeds. Hopefully it won't get hot too soon to grow.  At least no money has been spent so if it doesn't work no big deal.  In an attempt to really watch the wallet, which is getting cobwebs, I need to try this first. Then maybe I'll get some pepper plants like I did last year. Those did really well. 

My youngest and I took a long walk today, we walked all the way down to the park and it was really nice out. I was a bit worried I'd get sunburned on my legs because I wore shorts and I forgot to put suntan lotion on my legs, but they seem to be fine.  It was fun walking down to the park but it is a bit further than I'm used to walking.  I got through it, thankfully with the bottle of water we each had, that helped.  It is uphill coming back up the road, but I did fine.  It goes so much easier and faster when someone is with me walking. So thanks Stac! And thanks Dani for last weekend's walking. These are the times when I get to remind myself..it is not quite an Empty Nest just yet.

I forgot to mention that I did retest my fasting blood sugar 10 days after the first time and it was 91, so that was great news!  I am planning on keeping up the walking every day, even if occasionally it has to be a short one. I've been doing it every day for 2 weeks straight, so off to a good start!  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment