Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pedometer..

Today I finally got a pedometer so I can see just how many steps I am taking with all these walks. I know Dr Oz says we are to walk 10,000 steps a day (as a goal).  I took one of my spunkier dogs with me, Merlin, on the walk. 4462! That is the number of steps it indicated I went.  That wasn't too bad. :-)  I already did my regular exercise this morning also so I don't think I have to do that long of a walk on the days I exercise.  I have no clue how my blood sugar is doing but I plan to get a meter tomorrow at some point so I can see how it is Saturday morning after I've changed some things for a whole week.  I am getting used to, I guess, having my coffee with no sugar.  It just isn't that great.  I don't even usually finish the cup which I guess is fine too, but it makes me hungry for breakfast earlier than used to.  I think I am going to look into other cereals besides oatmeal.  I've been sticking with that for a long time now and since it apparently hasn't done THAT well for me, I want to add something else to my morning breakfast selection.  I have already starting substituting a scrambled egg (on whole wheat toast), every couple days as I read eggs are good for keeping blood sugar down. Think I'll try All Bran.. any suggestions, feel free to leave a comment.

I am looking forward to the oldest's visit during Spring Break next week.  It will be so good to have her here and have some good visiting time in!  My youngest is going to help out with a church group event, sort of like missionary work and I'm hoping that goes well for her.  I know we have to let our kids grow up and experience life...it is just hard sometimes when we'd rather they be home whenever possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment