Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday....

I did a bunch of cleaning today since it had been a while since cleaned the first floor well.  My hubby pitches in and does some house work which is really appreciated.  I just want things spotless when I clean, like the floors. I use a rag and bucket of water and scrub the floors so that they are very clean and with 5 dogs, believe me they get pretty dirty!

Even the air gets dirty in here. When we're using the heat or A/C most of the time, I need to change the air filter in the furnace at least once a month, and even then it is pretty clogged up and gray. 

The first floor is in good shape now for at least a day or two. :-)  

This is another movie rental weekend.  This time we rented Due Date, Clash of the Titans, Inception (my hasn't seen it but I have), and The American (George Clooney).  We saw Due Date and Clash of the Titans today and they were both pretty much what I expected.  I'm looking forward to seeing Inception again, it was tough to follow when I saw it in the theater. I liked the special effects though, very cool!

I am really bummed as I got the results of some blood tests that were just routine needed for insurance purposes. My fasting blood sugar was higher than it should have been and that really gets me mad.  I eat so healthy, and I exercise (although not every day of the week), and am not overweight. It just doesn't seem possible to me.  But I did go ahead and look up ways to reduce blood sugar levels and one was to exercise every day. I also decided to lower my intake of sugar as much as possible, although the only time I ever add table sugar is when I have my one cup of coffee in the morning. I may look into those sugar substitutes such as stevia, not sure yet. I might try less sugar first.  I usually put 2 teaspoons of sugar in my coffee but I started using one yesterday. Yuck!  Didn't even finish it, it tasted so bad. I don't know how people drink coffee black. ICK!  But I'm going to try to keep whittling it down to 1/2 teaspoon. And instead of putting my liquid vitamins in juice I started just adding a little water to it. I already rarely drink soda and really do not eat a lot of sweets. I already eat old fashioned oatmeal every day with cinnamon for breakfast and I drink green tea too, so already do some things good for lowering blood sugar (part of the reason I was frustrated at the results).

I'm planning to see how walking 30 minutes/day (one of the things they recommend), on the days I don't exercise may even try to do it on days I DO exercise) and watch sugar and what I eat even MORE so..and see if that doesn't help keep it in normal range.  If that still doesn't do it, I did see some additional remedies for lowering blood sugar online that I may try such as apple cider vinegar before meals. I am not interested in the potential of being put on meds. I just love that so far I have escaped the need to go on any medications for anything chronic and I'd like to keep it that way.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment