Friday, March 18, 2011

I do NOT recommend Truvia !!

First let me say my oldest was here to visit during her Spring Break.  She stayed for 3 nights and that is the most she has stayed ever!!  It was so great having her here.  We got some great walks in, some with the dogs and a few without.  It is so much harder with certain dogs who just bark at everything and everybody!! Last night we took a short walk after dinner and that was nice and quiet!  I feel guilty we didn't take any of the dogs but hey, sometimes we people need a break from the furkids.

My oldest got to visit with the grandparents a little and spent some time being entertained by my hubby when I was working.  All in all, she was relaxed, happy and it was great to have her here.  She knows the door is always open for her, so hopefully she'll come back sooner than later.

.....
Now onto the Truvia story.. Monday while doing my grocery shopping I decided to try Truvia as I heard it was a good alternative to sugar and natural, etc..blah.. blah.. Tuesday I put about a half teaspoon in my coffee and a little bit on my cereal.  Wednesday same thing and I started feeling a little crampy and bloated, but passed it off to being that time of the month. I haven't totally gotten to menopause yet, and figured it was my once every 5-6 months period. 

By last night I felt bloated and something just didn't feel right. This morning, coffee again with Truvia...and then I got stomach cramping and then some diarrhea.  Then more.  I started wondering if it was the Truvia. That was the only thing I had really changed in my diet and everyone else felt fine. After doing some searching on the Internet I found more than one website with threads of conversation dealing with these sort of side affects from using Truvia. Some even got migraines, neck and back pains.  I'm convinced that is what the problem is.  I am going to stop taking it and see if I get better. I bet I do.  Then I plan to throw the rest away...shame too..as it was not cheap! 

I am going to just stick to regular sugar, if I really want it.  I'll just use less than I normally do for coffee. So anyone who is reading this that is thinking about trying Truvia, please read up about it first and maybe just try a packet or two to see if you have a reaction before you buy a whole container of it.

Today is the first day in over a week that I didn't take some sort of walk but between work and doing a bit of running (in a car, not literally running) around with my oldest, didn't have time. I'll make sure to get some good walks in this weekend though.

No comments:

Post a Comment