Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Georgetown.. or SKUNKtown..

For several nights in a row I've woken up to the strong stench of skunk!  It penetrates through the closed windows I guess..and hits me like a ton of bricks. I roll over in bed and take a deep breath and start to gag it is so bad, it wakes me up. The first night I smelled it, I even got up to see if we had an open window since it was so strong.  I've also seen three dead skunks on the roads around town too.  I guess it is 'skunk season' but I hope it ends soon or I will put in a petition to officially change the name of this town to Skunktown!

Well it is hump day.  Turned out to be a beautiful sunny day today and got up to 75 degrees.  Started out in the upper 30s this morning. We walked the dogs and I was glad to get a little Vitamin D in (from the sun). I noticed today that my husband is getting quite a thinning hair area on the back of his head.  It isn't what I would call balding but could see his scalp through some of his hair near the top center. I didn't bother pointing it out as he probably knows and would rather I not bring it up. ;-)

Speaking of hair, I got a long over due haircut on Saturday and got it back to really short and sassy. And I finally got the blond chunk highlights that I used to get.  My hairdresser had not used a strong enough blend before and now finally has it. I love it!  It was weird first time I washed it once again, as there was what felt like no hair in the back to shampoo. At least I only need a pencil point amount of shampoo. :)

Okay were watching American Idol and it is the top 12 gals tonight. I didn't catch the guys last night but the first gal on, sang flat nearly the whole song and Randy was the only one who agreed with me. Randy may turn out to be the new Simon if the other 2 judges aren't going to be honest with these people!

No comments:

Post a Comment