Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cool mornings...

I can tell fall is here..well at least a hint of it is as the mornings have been cooler the last week or so. It has actually been down in the low 60's by morning which around here we have not experienced for months! 

I am writing a short post as one of my kids reminded me that I had not blogged for a while. I decided I'll challenge myself to write every day in October like I did I think it was back in April.  It will be interesting to see what I can come up with to blog about.

I had yesterday off again!  Yes it is weird having days off but I have to use them or I'll lose them and here we are in September already. There was another reason I took off yesterday though, it was our 14th wedding anniversary.  Hubby was trying to calculate whether we've been married longer than all my husband's combined.  Maybe.  I didn't pull out any paperwork to check. LOL

We ate at our favorite restaurant, Saltgrass which has the best filet mignon in the state of Texas I think. 

I also finally went to the dentist after more than three years.  It is the one my mother goes to and honestly she reminded me of a female version of the dentist I had back in PA that I loved so much. He was so kind and genuine and actually cared about your well being, not just how many crowns he can talk you in to. I knew I liked her when I told her the last dentist I went to was telling me I had cracks in two of my molars and that I needed two crowns costing around $3000.  This dentist told me yes there are cracks but we don't know how deep they are or how long they've been there..could be years and unless they start bothering me she saw no need for crowns.  Wow!  Yup!  I have found my dentist so now I don't mind getting my teeth cleaned every 6 months again. 

That part was a little rough, I had a lot of plaque and she actually has to finish the cleaning when I go back in a few weeks as I do need a crown on a tooth that's been bothering me (quite frankly off and on since living in PA), but most recently consistently bothering me.

Well I need to get to work now.  Hope today is an easy day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment