Saturday, January 18, 2014

Nice long weekend

I have Monday off so here's to a 3 day weekend. Yippee!!


It started out cold today but warmed up into the mid 60's so I took the dogs for their walks.


Then I tried out my bike!  Yes bike as in bicycle! I haven't ridden in a long time but a friend of hubby had a few bikes he was getting rid of so we sold one at a garage sale hubby was having anyway, and I told him I wanted to buy the other one.  It is nothing fancy but looks brand new. It is a Huffy female riding bike with wider tires that those newer bikes that have really skinny tires. 


I made it around the block but the seat really HURT my butt!  I hope I can get more used to it because it is really uncomfortable.  I don't recall the seat ever hurting my butt when I was a kid. I used to ride my bike a LOT!  I'm not used to hand brakes either. Mine were just in the pedals (just pedaled backwards to stop - slowly). It is hard to explain but it was easy to stop. I just hope the hand brakes don't jolt me off the bike.  :-)   I'm not used to more than 3 speeds either so that is something else I have to adjust to. 


There is a new SNL on tonight so I'm looking forward to that.  No big plans tomorrow.  I should get a helmet before I ride my bike too much but I may take it around the block a few times tomorrow to see if it feels any better. Fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment