Sunday, January 5, 2014

Tomorrow is Monday...Ugh

Tomorrow is the first Monday in 2014, ugh!  There are 52 of them to get through.  Oh well.  Nothing to do about it except make the most of it. 

Yesterday was mostly cleaning day. I cleaned our bathroom including the bathtub that was in dire need of a good scrubbing!  I tried using dryer sheets as I read somewhere they were good for that. I think it did help but it didn't take long for them to shrink up and start to tear (I dampened them to use). I used 2 of them and then stopped using dryer sheets - mostly because I didn't want to use them up on cleaning the bath tub.  At least it looks much better than it did before.  I also cleaned the living room/dining room and scrubbed the kitchen floor. 

Scrubbing the kitchen with a sponge is a bit of a work out but I needed to clean it well because I had accidentally knocked the sugar dispenser which was glass off the kitchen island two days ago and it broke into several pieces and sugar went everywhere on the floor too. Although we thought we got it all up, I wanted to go over the floor again, especially because of my dog Tika who constantly licks the floor.  Now it is nice and clean.

Since I cleaned as much as I wanted for the weekend, today was relaxation day. I convinced hubby to go see the movie Frozen as my oldest said it was really good.  At first I was worried that he wasn't going to like it as there were several songs in the beginning of the movie and I thought he'd lose interest, but then the plot got deeper and the singing not as much, so he said he did enjoy it.  I liked it but I never mind singing in movies so I knew I'd like it.  There were a lot of funny parts but you had to pay attention to catch some of them.  It was a nice early afternoon 'date' with hubby.

It is extremely cold over a lot of the northern states so I won't complain that it is suppose to get down into the 20's tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment