Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Addition - Day 7

Well I'm not going to count the days that nothing gets done.  Sunday no one worked on the addition. Well after all it is the day of rest. :)

Yesterday, the concrete crew arrived really early as I was headed out for my walk before 7:00AM and they were getting out of their trucks already.  I was impressed!  It wasn't even really light out yet as the one guy had a flash light in his hands.

By the time I got back from my first walk to get one of the fur kids, they were gone.  Turns out they only came to get their tools and head out to another job.  So no one did anything yesterday.  I got in touch with our contractor and he said the plumber had to get a permit and put some piping in before the concrete was poured and also had to be inspected.  Who knows when that would be.

Well turns out the plumbing company came out today and put the piping in.  I'm so glad! When I hear the word permit I think we'll have to wait a while again.  Hopefully the inspector will be out tomorrow and pass it so that they can pour the concrete Thursday.  We're also getting the driveway fixed so I'll take some pictures of that too.  That is a totally separate 'job' but our contractor suggested getting it done at same time as foundation to be the most cost effective (and savings). 

Here's today's pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment