Friday, January 13, 2017

Friday the 13th

Well this day is starting out not wonderfully, but hey at least it is Friday.

Going to write a quick one here before starting work.  I was going to go for my walk this morning but it is raining so that didn't happen.  It isn't that I'll melt in the rain but I'd just rather not walk in the rain. Even with an umbrella, my legs get soaked and so I'll pass.

We have been wanting to make one of the bedrooms upstairs into a music room (yes, Stac already knows about it and has gotten over it as it used to be her bedroom).  Anyway we got someone hubby knows to re paint (popcorn) the ceiling to finally cover the water stains that got there years ago when we had a leaky roof. 

I had ordered a rug from Rugs Direct to put up there as the berber carpet in that room is over 30 years and hubby's back isn't good enough yet to replace it with laminates.  We had that rug totally wrapped up since getting it the end of November. Anyway, when we went to unroll it, there was a mold smell and hubby noticed that it had gotten wet on the edges, who knows when but ugh.  He tried spraying it with vinegar, and then yesterday laid it out.  Last night we opened the door and the room stunk!!  It is too late to send it back or get a refund either as it was over 30 days. 

So first thing this morning, we rolled it up and taped it and it is on the back balcony.  Hubby is just going to cut it up gradually for the trash.  What a waste!  I went ahead and cancelled the order for the rug in the living room that had actually been on back order since August!  We never had a problem with other rugs we got but not taking another chance.  I don't think the damage to the rug was our fault, just because we didn't open it for so long. If it was sealed when dry, etc., that shouldn't matter that we waited until January to open it.

So off to make it a better day!  I'll just take my walk tomorrow and we're going to just check locally for a new rug for the living room and put that one up in the music room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment