Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year 2017

Happy New Year!

I managed to stay awake until midnight to welcome in the new year! Woo hoo!

So it is the beginning of a new year...a clean slate if you will..365 days ahead for all sorts of promise..potential...and adventure.

I am not big on New Years resolutions but I do sort of have one which is to get that addition built on our house so that my mom can finally move in.  Unfortunately it is not a resolution that is in my control whatsoever. We've been waiting on the permits since the first week in November and it is getting really frustrating!  Mom will be 90 in 10 days.  I was hoping to have her moved in by her birthday but that isn't going to happen.  It will probably take about 30 days from whenever the permits are finally granted and that also depends on our contractor as we are not the only 'job' he has. So...at this point I should be shooting for Spring?!

This year, I am not going to promise to write every day as I haven't been able to do that feat yet.  I will try to write as often as I can though depending on how busy things are. Sometimes there just isn't really anything worth blogging about. 

Oh, I did just remember something that happened on the way to mom's last evening.  Hubby  had just started driving down the street and a deer came right out in front of us but LUCKILY it sort of ducked into the truck. Hubby thinks it bounced off the undercarriage (part under the front bumper) and then rolled away from the truck as we didn't hear the sound of anything going under the tires.  We just felt an initial small impact after which hubby hit the brakes.  The deer by sheer skill, luck, act of God?, like I said hit somewhere in the lower front of the truck and next thing I saw was getting up from the road right in front of the truck on my side and ran back across the street where it came from.  I didn't see it appearing injured so hopefully it is fine.  We checked out hubby's truck and it was fine, not a scratch or dent.  Thank God all seemed to be well.

I already had a bad experience once with a deer hitting the windshield years ago when the youngest was only a year or so old. My husband at that time was going more like 50-60mph and the deer tried to jump our Jeep and slammed into the windshield.  Tiny shards of glass were everywhere although the baby was fine.  I'm just so glad this incident last evening was not like that.

I have off work tomorrow which is nice.  It sort of makes me feel lazy though and I know will make it that much harder to work on Tuesday.  But hey at least it will be a short work week!



No comments:

Post a Comment